Saturday, March 12, 2011

Missing Quilt

The fear of everyone who has every shipped a treasured item!

My friend, Janet Adkins, just sent this message to me:

My quilt, Kaaterskill, was shipped from Golden, Colorado on February 16, via UPS 2nd Day air. It hasn't been seen since. It was picked up, but never scanned. UPS claims they've looked for the package, but they can't find it. They're willing to issue a claim, but frankly, money won't replace this quilt.

I'm hoping to find someone at UPS or elsewhere who can put some pressure on them to look for the package. I've registered it on the Lost Quilt page, put it up on my Facebook page, and I'm trying to get the Times Union consumer advocate to look into the case.

Everyone I've talked to about it feels the quilt will come back, eventually. But I've already had to withdraw it from one quilt show, and I just found out it's been juried into the AQS show at Paducah - this is it's last chance to enter that show.

If you can help, I would really appreciate it. I can't believe I'll never see this quilt again!


Unknown.jpeg


If anyone has seen this quilt or knows of something that might help find this missing quilt, if would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: