For Bree's face I've decided to use the technique I learned from Katie Pasquini-Masopust many moons ago. It is a turned-under machine appliqué technique. I think the last time I used it was on my "Angry Rabbit" quilt in the 1990's. It's always enlightening and revealing to break out a technique you've used in the past to see how it feels and looks this time around.
I've glued the paper template pattern on poster board and labeled the light, medium, and dark shapes.
I also traced the pattern onto some stabilizer that will function as foundation for the pieces. I'm using Sulky Iron-on Tear-Away stabilizer.