Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sew What

Finally getting around to posting pics of projects that I finished at least several months ago.


This is me in my new sweater. It turned out a little snugger that I'd like (I've got to remember to make sure the gauge is right before knitting or else lose some weight!) but it is wearable so I'll count it as a success.


My next project was making some breakfast service napkins. Our old napkins were embrassingly frayed at the edges. I could not find any commercially produced napkins that I liked at a price we could afford, so I found this light-weight denim fabric and made my own. Mark wanted napkins that were 1 meter square like they had at the palace in Vienna -- I told him to dream on. These are 16 inch square.

I joined a art quilt postcard swap as a means to encourage myself to get into my studio at start working! We don't have any workshops until February 2007, so this is our time off and I want to get in my studio as often as possible. Having a deadline for something helps! I completed my first three postcards on Tuesday, but I have to wait for the new camera battery I just ordered to arrive before I can post pictures.

Making the postcards are a lot of fun. It is a great way to dig into the scrap bucket and use bits and pieces of this and that. I keep a wastebasket by my sewing machine and I throw in all the pieces I figure I'll never use, but might give away to someone who uses bits and pieces. Well, I'm finding lots of useful pieces in there!

No comments: