Monday, January 08, 2007

A Lust for Fiber was His Undoing

Hudson has taken his lust for fiber just a little to far. Last night he was rushed to the emergency animal clinic for surgery -- he had eaten a part of a stuffed toy and it got caught in his small intestine! Today, we transferred him to his regular veterinarian for a few more days of recovery before he is allowed to come home. We, of course, are using this time to rid the house of all soft chewables! Gads, that was one expense toy. (Any one interested in buying some fiber art to support the "Save Hudson From Fiber Fund". LOL)

We should have known he was destined for trouble with fibers. Above is a photo I took soon after we brought him home when he was just 8 weeks old. Now at 10 months old, he would probably have no trouble eating the ball of yarn!

I was so worried that he had eaten some fabric scraps off of my studio floor, that I was actually relieved when we found out it had been one of his stuffed toys. I'll be making my studio a dog-free zone anyway, just to be safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alas, I have a daschund named Max that at the age of three has no toys. He eats them. If allowed, he would literally consume them. This includes plastic, rubber and plush toys. I love your postcards!!!
DJ from QA