Thursday, January 24, 2008

Putting it in Reverse

I've come to the conclusion that working in the Carriage House studio is just not going to work this year. Already it is almost January and I haven't picked up a rotary cutter or taken a stitch all month. I did get my fabric sorted (a very satisfying task - it's a amazing to discover things you didn't know you had!) and I have set up a new set of shelves in my upstairs studio and purchased a set of elfa drawers that I'm hoping to set up today. Then the great reverse action will commence - moving all the fabric and stuff back to my third floor studio. Well, I need the exercise.

I will do my best to create something worthy of photographing for my blog in February!

So what have I been "frittering" my time away on in January? It seems that there is more art workshop business in this "off time" than ever. I'm in the process of finalizing the schedule for 2009 (if any readers have any recommendations for teachers now it the time to tell me!). I have all of the painting workshops scheduled and have just a few more fiber art workshop spots to fill. Then comes all of the associated stuff that it takes to get ready for the current year of workshops that start March 2nd.

Another winter task that has been consuming vast amounts of my time is our new chocolates business, Life By Chocolate. I am the main business and marketing person. I designed the new online store website layout (going live soon) and I also designed the wrappers for a new line of chocolate bars. It was my idea to use images of my quilts on the wrappers and so most of the names of the bars have been created to work with one of my quilts! The picture below is of the Wild Rabbit bar and it has a portion of my quilt "Rabbits in the Grass" on the side. The bar is made of a fabulous Fair Trade 70% cacoa South American chocolate and has a hint of Turkish chili.



Well, I better quit this blogging and get back to printing more bar wrappers. I'm also the chief bar wrapper and packaging expert. LOL.

No comments: