I thought I was going to get to start a new art quilt, but then I remembered that I had sewing of a different nature to get done.
One of the loveseat cushions in a guest room was getting frayed in one corner, and having inquired about professional reupholstering costs previously, I decided to give it go myself! (Not putting down the work or the worth of professionals, but we have a lot of furniture and not unlimited funds! LOL)
Luckily it was just the cushion needing help, so I was confident that I could do a reasonable job.
So here are the results.
I should mention that I'm a big fan of MacKenzie Childs and their wildly decorated furniture! Obviously, this it not quite as wild, but I'm starting gently!
I think it turned out rather nicely. I just made a simple zippered box cushion cover without welting. I made matching arm covers, but I'm thinking I now need to make new cover for the pillows in a coordinating moss green fabric for some more contrast and to complete the "patchwork" look.
Today I go shopping for the orange fabric I need to complete my daughters quilt.