Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Aurifil Test Begins

Yesterday I started the comparison test with Aurifil. Just like for Curicini Tre Stelle, I wound 5 bobbins and cleaned and oiled the bobbin case.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Here is the pics after completing one bobbin full.

IMG_0242.jpg

The throat plate lint build up looks similar to the results for the Tre Stelle, but the bobbin case looks less linty.

IMG_0243.jpg

As expected, this thread handles like a dream. Smooth, quiet, and stitches that practically melt into the fabric.

I'm still only on the second bobbin, but completed the blocks for the scrappy pinwheel quilt top. I had to take the blocks out to the carriage house studio to use the floor space as my design area. First I set up the blocks on the tables in stacks of like colors - my design palette!

IMG_0245.jpg

Next I lay out the blocks, being careful to keep a pleasing mix of colors in all the rows.

IMG_0250.jpg

I had to stand on a ladder and hold the camera above my head to try to get as much of this quilt top in my photo frame as possible. And if you think that was a funny sight, imagine me picking up all of these blocks and keeping them in order as I stacked them from left to right!

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

No comments: