So being the normal red-blooded quilter, I said "wow, I've got to make one of those."
I used EQ7 to create the block (a narrow 12" x 3" block made of of six 2" x 3" pieces of fabric) and then design the layout and size.
The blue blocks were all strip-pieced (2.5" x 40" strips sewn together and then cut into the blocks).
Here is the resulting Queen size quilt.
This picture really doesn't it do it justice because of the lighting and the angle, but I'll get a better picture when it is totally quilted and finished.
But I loved the result so much, I immediately continued the process and made a matching Twin size quilt. (We have 5 guest rooms at the Greenville Arms 1889 Inn that have 2 beds - a Queen and a Twin, so this will be a good set for one of these rooms.)