Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Olana

I still haven't had much time to do any creating other than finish my piece for the next CFA exhibit in California. (I'll post a picture of it once the exhibit is up.)

I have, however, had the time to enjoy the places the workshop painters are going to paint. When the students order a lunch from us, I deliver it to wherever they happen to be painting that day. This past workshop taught by Elizabeth Apgar-Smith, went up to Olana. Olana is the home built by Frederick Church, a founder of the Hudson River School of Art movement. On a clear day you can see forever . . . well, at least you can see the Hudson River and the Catskill Mountains - a very impressive site.

But I was captured by things more close at hand.

First there were the Hollyhocks. (I'll have to look for this variety. The Hollyhocks I planted are still not in bloom.)

Then even more inspiring was Betsy's pastel tray - what a wonderful display of color. You can see a photo of Betsy's demo painting and the view on our inn blog.



Other good news is that I finished the fiber workshop brochure for 2007 and it has been sent off to the printers.

No comments: