Monday, April 10, 2006

Personal Shopping

Melody Johnson's workshop has completed their first day of the 5-day workshop here at the Hudson River Valley Art Workshops and boy, do they look like they are having fun! I wish I had the time to join in, but because I was away for several days, I had to spend the day working in the office catching up with all the paper work. Blah.

However there are perks! Such as a mini on-site fabric shop provided courtesy of Log Cabin Fabrics. I have my eye on several things, but don't want to deplete the selection before Melody's students get the chance!



I had a great time in Chicago at the Quilt Festival. I had meant to blog more while I was there, but . . . The one night when I might have had the time because Mark had gone home ahead of me, well, I decided to spend it fusing! I took a class from Robbi Eklow and discovered how wonderful Wonder-Under was. I had been a steadfast Steam-a-Seam user, but now that I have tried the W-U, I think I'll be using it more often. Anyway, I spent my last night in Chicago happily working on the project I started in the workshop. Thank goodness for irons in the hotel rooms! I'll post a picture of the piece later.

Tomorrow I hope to sit in Melody's workshop for a bit. She has been blogging about the workshop daily.

I rushed off for my entry for the SAQA: The Creative Force exhibit today. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Another project I've been working on is a database system to manage all the details of my art work. I know I could buy an existing software package to do this, but I think I'm too much a nerd to take the easy way! I had to do it myself. I use a Mac, so I chose FileMaker Pro for building the DB. I like FileMaker because it is cross-platform compatible and I'd like to eventually create a system to manage our inn and artworkshop business, because the one we use now is lacking some features that would be very useful. I haven't used FileMaker for quite awhile, but am having fun learning all the new features.

No comments: